METALAC POSUĐE got new design thanks to young designers from the Balkan Design Network. This year the Company “Metalac Posuđe” and Balkan Design Network have announced an open competition “New Memories”.
The Competition gathered 235 works of the designers from the whole region and their new vision of the cult cookware sets in the contemporary context brought a new life to the legendary pots, little pots and ''cezve''-coffee pot present in almost all households on the terriory of the ex -Yugoslav Republic.
The Jury is presented by skilled eminent experts of the graphic and industrial design and communication : Slavimir Stojanović (graphic designer, Serbia), Ivana Borovnjak (industrial designer,Croatia), Nikola Radeljković ( industrial designer, Croatia) Slobodan Jovanović Coba (graphic designer, Serbia), Jelena Matić (industrial designer, professor of School of Forestry ),as well as the expert teams from the Mixer organization and the Company Metalac who have chosen the winners of the three main awards and four special acknowledgements.
The winner of the main award is Nina Čačković from Bosnia and Hercegovina for the collection “ONE TWO THREE”.
The second prize went to the group Studiolav from Greece to Loukas Angelou i Vasso Asfi for the work of “GRAPHITECTURE”
The thrid prize went in the hands of Jelene Bošković from Serbia for “BIRDY NAM NAM”.
Special prizes from the jury went to TejaKleč from Slovenia for „OD VARDRA DO TRIGLAVA”, Dženan Hajrović, Samir Mavrić i Sead Nailović from Serbia for the ''MODERN ETNO I RETRO'' and Ozana Ursić and the group NJI3 - Tessa Bacharach-Krištofić, Dina Milovčić and FrankaTretinjak from Croatia for ''YU COOK'' whereas special certificate of merit from the team of Metalac went to Ana Ćuzović from Serbia for ''PAUNICA''.
The winners of the main awards will get 800 Euros for the first, 600 Euros for the second and 400 Euros for the third award, a set of cookware products designed according to the awarded project decision, the production and sale of the limited series in the Balkan Design Store in the frame of Mikser House, exhibition of the produced samples on Frankfurt Fair in February 2016 and three-day specialized practice in the factory for enameled cookware sets in Gornji Milanovac.
The authors of the specially awarded works will get a worthy cookware pot set from Metalac produced according to their designs, exhibition of the produced samples of the winner designs on Frankfurt Fair in February 2016 and one day visit to the factory Metalac in Gornji Milanovac.
The wide choice of works which attracted jury’s attention will be presented to the public on the exhibition “New Memories” which will be open in the gallery of Mikser House on the 21st of January 2016 when the presentation of the awarded works will be held. The authors of the winning designs will have a chance to take a part in the Design zone of the Mikser Festival 2016, whereas the admirers of the contemporary design of the limited edition of Metalac cookware sets produced according to the awarded works will be able to buy in the Store of the Balkan Design in the frame of Mikser House in st of Karadzordzeva 46 in Belgrade. The open Competition is accomplished by the collaboration with Balkan Design Network which main goal is to develop and promote Balkan design and to serve as an incentive for an effective collaboration between design sector and regional economies.
Participants of the exhibition ''New Memories''
21.11.2016 Mikser House, Belgrade:
- Adnan Alagić i Bojan Kanlić (BH) – ''POTS WITH CHARACTER'' POSUĐE SA KARAKTEROM
- Aleksandra Gočanin (Serbia) – ''PLAYFUL FAUNA'' RAZIGRANA FAUNA
- Ana Ćosović (Serbia) – ''FROM TESLA'S KITCHEN'' IZ TESLINE KUHINJE
- Andrea Prkić (Switzerland) – ''TAKE TAKE...'' UZMI, UZMI…
- Damir Ličina i Rikardo Druškić (BH) – ''IDENTITY'' IDENTITET
- Daniela Lemić (Serbia) – ''NEW MEMORIES 1 AND 2'' NOVE USPOMENE 1 I 2
- Dijana Lepojev (Serbia) – ''CUPS AND TEAPOTS'' ŠOLJICE I ČAJNICI
- Dorotea Kutleša (Croatia) – ''MY COMBINATION'' MOJA KOMBINACIJA
- Dragana Kuprešanin (Serbia) – '' TIPO POTS'' TIPO ŠERPE
- Dragana Ljuboja and Marija Lukač (BH) – ''IN THE CONTEMPORARY CONTEXT'' U SAVREMENOM KONTEKSTU
- Dragana Todorović (Serbia) – '' METAL COOKWARE'' METALNO POSUĐE
- Duoton – Slobodan Tonić (Serbia) – '' PRECIOUS'' PLEMENITO
- Emina Alić and EnaHadžić (BH) – ''NEW DOTS - NEW MEMORIES''
- Ena Dujmović (BH) – ''LOKLAGIJA''
- Irina Stefanovska (Macedonia) – ''FAMILY''
- Jana Nenadić, Martina Kovačević ( Serbia) – ''FIGURAFA''
- Jelena Babić (Serbia) – ''PLAY/TRIANGLE'' IGRA / TRIANGLE
- Jelena Vasiljević (Serbia) – '' APPEARING/ ON THE WINGS OF NEW MEMORIES'' NICANJE / NA KRILIMA NOVIH USPOMENA
- Laura Mrkša (Croatia) – '' CIRCLE 01'' KRUG 01
- Maja Matas (Croatia) - #NEWMEMORIES
- Marijana Stojanović (Serbia) – ''COLOR CHANGING COOKWARE''
- Marko Stojanović (Serbia) – ''EMOJI SERBIA PATTERN / MESIDŽ''
- Mia Bogavac (Croatia) – ''MIX&MATCH''
- Miloš Ćosović (Serbia) – ''ŠER:POTIC:ONS''
- Mirko Milanović (Serbia) – ''CULTURAL HERITAGE SERBIA'' KULTURNA BAŠTINA SRBIJE
- Saša Knežić (Serbia) – '' NEW ROOTS'' NOVI KORENI
- Snežana Jeremić (Serbia) – ''ACCESSORIES FOR COOKWARE POTS'' AKSESOARI ZA POSUĐE
- Strahinja Bugarski, Marko Oljača (Serbia) – ''LINE'' LINIJA
- Zoran Mojsilović (Serbia) – '' LINES /MEMORIES/EMBROIDERY'' CRTICE / USPOMENE / VEZ